Sunday, October 14, 2012

Big girl swimming

Penny has graduated to big kid swim lessons. No more mommy-and-me for this little lady. Swim fishy, swim!

Some days I wish I could freeze time. This age is amazing- she is learning so much so quickly. She cracks us up with her perspective. And her perception- she doesn't miss a beat!
Apparently, she's having a bounce town birthday party in February- she's already started inviting her friends. The other night, as I was washing dishes, she comes running over, yelling "mommy, your booty is hanging out, I will help you pull up your pants" (note to self- it's time to put away the pj pants I wore while pregnant with Porter). She tells me when she doesn't like my clothes and also when she does- "those are some really cool boots mommy." She is understanding consequences and is starting to self correct some behaviors. She is proud of herself when she does something well and wants to tell the world :) She wants to do everything by herself. She loves being the calendar helper at school and loves showing off her baby brother to her friends. She gets Halloween and is excited to dress up. She yells "be careful" at the football players on TV.  She makes me so proud!
Sometimes it feels like we went from baby to big girl overnight. Sometimes, I really wish I could freeze time!

No comments:

Post a Comment